Friday, March 1, 2013

Introduction to this Research Database

This blog is here to show all of my genealogy research.  I have included all of my sources and links to the images of each source where I have access to it.  If there is no link, I only have a transcript of the record and will be glad to provide the entire transcribed record if you wish to have it.  Just comment on the appropriate post and I can give that to you.

This is an on going project that will never be complete.  If you have any additions or corrections for this database, please let me know by commenting on the appropriate post.

I have included pictures where I have them.  In some cases I have more pictures of individuals than what is posted.  I will NOT post pictures of individuals I know are living.  All data on living individuals, except for their names, will be removed from their entries.  Since I cannot know who is living or deceased from everyone in my database, I have a few rules I use.  IF the person was born before 1940, I consider them deceased unless I have a source otherwise stating.  Data about individuals born before 1940 is publicly available via census records so birth years will be included for these individuals.  If I have someone listed as deceased and they are in fact alive, please let me know and I will remove all information but their names from the database.  If there is someone who is listed as living who is in fact deceased, please let me know by providing their birth/death date so the information can be updated and accurate   If you possess an obituary or death record, that will be greatly appreciated.  I usually try to include records where I can find them.  The ONLY time I use the information from an individual without including records is if that person is a close relative.  If someone is the great-grandchild or closer, I will include the information for what they say and add records as I find them.  Information from records will be taken over someone's word unless the record can be proven false.

I want to eventually interweave all the trees together as one large file.  I hope this information can be of value to you in your research.




No comments:

Post a Comment